360° Coffee knowledge
In this course, we will guide you through the fascinating world of coffee. In both theoretical and practical seminar modules, you will gain basic knowledge on the quality factors: the green and roasted coffee, the machine and the person. The course is intended for participants who want a concise overview of the promising and exciting world of coffee and the wide variety of influencing factors on coffee quality.
This diversified course provides you with an introduction to the wonderful world of coffee. Initial basic knowledge on green coffee is taught. This means that we illustrate the route of the coffee from the flower to the green bean that is ready for shipment. In a real-life roasting demonstration, you will then learn more about the process of aroma development and colour change from the green bean to the finished, roasted bean.
You will find out how the bean is «brought to life» in the coffee brewing process. You will learn about the influencing factors of the grinding and brewing parameters. A brief introduction to the world of the sensory experience is also an integral part of this course. You will discover the many facets of coffee and learn how you can, with attention and care, keep coffee quality at a high level.
- Participants become acquainted with coffee as a multifaceted, natural product.
- Participants get to know about the numerous factors influencing the final beverage in the cup.
- You will know how to keep coffee quality at a high level.
Course terms and conditions
- No prior knowledge necessary
- Course costs: CHF 380.00 plus VAT
- Course size: The class is limited to size of 4-6 people.
- Course duration: 09:15am to 4:30pm
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre/ Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Invoicing: Invoicing will be carried out following course confirmation via separate post. The entire course fee will still be charged if you cancel within 7 days of the scheduled course date.
- Insurance/liability: Insurance coverage (liability, accident, etc.) is at the discretion of the course participants themselves. Schaerer AG accepts no liability.