360° Coffee knowledge
A great deal of knowledge in a compact package - from coffee cultivation in distant countries to the hardness level of the water used for coffee preparation. And all this is accompanied by practical exercises and useful tips.
As a participant, you will get insight into the world of coffee and the many factors which influence coffee quality. In both theoretical and practical seminar modules, you will acquire basic knowledge about the quality factors of green and roasted coffee, brewing and human beings. Even if you currently don’t know a thing about coffee: This course offers support in the first step to this exciting topic.
Introduction to the multifaceted world of coffee. Basic knowledge about green coffee or the journey of the coffee from the flower right through to the green bean ready for shipping. Roasting demonstration: The process of aroma development and colour change from the green bean to the finished, roasted bean. Brewing coffee: How the bean “comes to life”. Introduction to the senses: The versatility of coffee, grounds and brewing parameters as additional influencing factors. Attention and care as helpful virtues when striving for high coffee quality.
- Getting to know coffee as an extremely versatile product of nature.
- Knowing the numerous factors influencing the final beverage in the cup.
- Knowing how to keep coffee quality at a high level.
- Course duration: 09:15 am to 4:30 pm
- Course size: 4-6 paticipants
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre, Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Course costs: CHF 380.00 plus VAT