From Bean to Espresso
This is an advanced course on monitoring quality factors on the machine. The course provides more in-depth knowledge on what was taught in the course «360° Coffee Knowledge». In both theoretical and practical seminar modules, you will gain expert knowledge on the topics of sensory experience, machine configuration, water, milk and milk froth as well as on people/service. By special request, the course also includes a short demonstration of «Latte Art».
In this exciting course, basic coffee knowledge and the influence that quality factors have on taste along the coffee processing chain are reviewed and covered in more depth.
Participants learn the different parameters and the effects they have during grinding and brewing, and experience how the individual brewing parameters change the result in the cup. They learn barista techniques and will be able to change settings and make adjustments.
- Participants will learn about the quality factors: the green and roasted coffee, the machine and the person.
- You will understand the process of coffee brewing and learn about the factors that influence the result in the cup.
- You will master the practical foundations of barista techniques and develop an awareness of skilled handling of roasted coffee and machines.
Course terms and conditions
- We recommend first attending the course «360° Coffee Knowledge».
- Course costs: CHF 380.00 plus VAT
- Course size: The class is limited to size of 4-6 people.
- Course duration: 09:15am to 4:30pm
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre/ Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Invoicing: Invoicing will be carried out following course confirmation via separate post. The entire course fee will still be charged if you cancel within 7 days of the scheduled course date.
- Insurance/liability: Insurance coverage (liability, accident, etc.) is at the discretion of the course participants themselves. Schaerer AG accepts no liability.