Introduction to the topic of green coffee and preparation
In this course module, we guide you through the fascinating world of coffee in its place of origin. It is intended for participants who would like to get an initial overview of coffee in the countries where it is grown. We show you the path the coffee takes, from the flower to the green bean that is ready for shipping. Information on coffee varieties, preparation types and current market data round out the module.
In this introductory module, we begin with an overview of the coffee types, the coffee-growing areas and the most important coffee-growing countries and supplement this information with several market figures. The growing, harvesting and preparation methods are illustrated using numerous images, explained and experienced by the senses with a “cupping” (coffee testing).
In addition, we take a look at the quality control in the country of origin and the storage until the green coffee bean is filled for transport.
- Participants will learn about the diversity of (green) coffee.
- They will know that there is not just "one" kind of coffee, but rather a diverse range of coffee types, each with its own taste and aroma nuances.
- They will appreciate coffee more consciously as a natural and gourmet product.
Course terms and conditions
- No prior knowledge necessary
- Course costs: CHF 120.00 plus VAT
- Course size: The class is limited to size of 4-6 people.
- Course duration: approx. 2 hours
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre/ Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Invoicing: Invoicing will be carried out following course confirmation via separate post. The entire course fee will still be charged if you cancel within 7 days of the scheduled course date.
- Insurance/liability: Insurance coverage (liability, accident, etc.) is at the discretion of the course participants themselves. Schaerer AG accepts no liability.