The Harmony of the Sensory Experience
Artisanry, paired with the necessary theory, is in demand here: Using different practical exercises, you can experience the harmony between taste, aroma, mouthfeel and balance on our premises.
An introductory course in the most literal sense of the word: In this two-hour course, you will acquire sensory knowledge; in particular, your senses of taste and smell will be honed. In practical exercises, you will learn the difference between these two aspects and how differently they are perceived.
Theoretical knowledge of the senses and the associated sensations. Practical exercises: What do the mouth and tongue experience, what happens orthoand retronasally when enjoying coffee? Learn to differentiate and name these effects with experiments. Coffee tasting with coffees from different growing regions and with different processing methods.
- Getting to know the coffee senses in all their diversity.
- Acquiring the ability to differentiate between and explain aroma/flavours and taste.
- Being able to sense the different aromas and tastes in coffee.
- Course duration: approx. 2 hours
- Course size: 4-6 paticipants
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre, Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Course costs: CHF 150.00 plus VAT