Introduction to Coffee Brewing
In this module, you will learn basic skills for “comme il faut” coffee preparation. You will get to know all respective quality factors needed to brew coffee.
Which brewing methods are there? How do the common grinder types differ? What is a grinding level? How important is water quality for a good cup of coffee, and how do machine settings contribute to this? You can judge for yourself in a tasting.
Different brewing methods, grinder types and grinders. Grinding, grinding level as well as general configuration of a fully automatic machine. Individual machine parameters and their influence on cup quality. Verification of the learned material with a tasting. Relationships between water and coffee quality. Recommendations on quality control of coffee beverages and the regular cleaning of your coffee machine.
- Knowing the different brewing methods, knowing the importance of the right grinding/grinder and the correct grinding level.
- Knowing the influence of water on the taste of the coffee beverage as well as the ideal water quality for coffee.
- Awareness of the importance of correct coffee machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Course duration: approx. 3.5 hours
- Course size: 4-6 paticipants
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre, Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Course costs: CHF 180.00 plus VAT