Introduction to coffee brewing
In this module, participants are taught basic competence in coffee preparation and the relationships between water and coffee are explained. Many tips are given as well, such as how coffee quality is optimised and/or upheld.
We will dive into the wide world of coffee preparation. Along with the various brewing methods, topics include grinding types, grinding facilities, grinding and grinding level as well as the general settings of a fully automated machine.
The individual machine parameters and their influences on cup quality are explained to you and then verified by a tasting.
Water is an important quality factor for coffee enjoyment. You will get an overview of water circulation, its quality and composition as well as a recommendation for the ideal brewing water.
Along with important recommendations on the quality control of coffee beverages, you will get tips on the regular cleaning of your coffee machine.
- The participants will know the various brew methods and the importance of the right grinding/grinder or the correct grinding level.
- You will know how water can influence the taste of the coffee beverage and will get to know the ideal water quality for coffee.
- You will know how to correctly maintain the coffee machine and to clean it in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Course terms and conditions
- No prior knowledge necessary
- Course costs: CHF 180.00 plus VAT
- Course size: The class is limited to size of 4-6 people.
- Course duration: approx. 3.5 hours
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre/ Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Invoicing: Invoicing will be carried out following course confirmation via separate post. The entire course fee will still be charged if you cancel within 7 days of the scheduled course date.
- Insurance/liability: Insurance coverage (liability, accident, etc.) is at the discretion of the course participants themselves. Schaerer AG accepts no liability.