The sensory experience in theory and practice
This instructive, practically-oriented course teaches detailed knowledge on the sensory experience of coffee, both in theory and practice.
Sensory perception is an important aspect of the coffee business. Based on the «360°coffee knowledge» basic course, this course teaches the skill of identifying the positive characteristics of coffee/coffee taste and to differentiate, describe and assess the tastes and aromas of espressos.
In this exciting and diversified course, more in-depth knowledge on the sensory experience of coffee is taught. Alongside the sensory basics, the course covers taste, aromas, body and balance, both in theory and practice.
After completion of this course, participants will be capable of assessing and describing coffee or espresso in much greater detail than just saying “the coffee has a great aroma” or “the espresso is too strong”.
- The participants will become familiar with and understand the difference between the subjective and objective assessment of coffee as a drink.
- They will get to know both how and why sensory methods are applied.
- They will be able to identify and evaluate the positive characteristics of the coffee and its flavour
Course terms and conditions
- We recommend first attending the course «360° Coffee Knowledge».
- Course costs: CHF 380.00 plus VAT
- Course size: The class is limited to size of 4-6 people.
- Course duration: 09:15am to 4:30pm
- Course location: Coffee Competence Centre/ Schaerer AG in Zuchwil, Switzerland
- Invoicing: Invoicing will be carried out following course confirmation via separate post. The entire course fee will still be charged if you cancel within 7 days of the scheduled course date.
- Insurance/liability: Insurance coverage (liability, accident, etc.) is at the discretion of the course participants themselves. Schaerer AG accepts no liability.